Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A New Life

Hi Everyone! So I thought I would start this page so that we could keep friends and family informed of our lives all the way out here in Rexburg Idaho. Sunday Dallin and I finally attended our ward for the second time in a row. We have been here for almost 3 months, but seem to find ourselves in utah every other weekend, so we haven't been able to attend our own ward more then every other weekend. Despite that we love our ward.
We also celebrated four months of marriage yesterday. We spent the night driving around town talking. We drove by the beautiful Rexburg temple. It is really starting to come along. Dallin and I have our fingers crossed that it will be done sometime this fall. I will have to go take a picture and get it posted up here. What a blessing it will be to have a temple within our town.
Dallin is still working in Rigby building homes. He likes his job, but it sure wears him out. I just started a new job at BYU-Idaho Alumni and Friends center. I love it so far. It allows me to feel of the spirit of the gospel. It also allowes me to become more involved in the structure and history of the school.
Dallin continues to be an amazing husband and is very patient with my moods. I am still struggling with being homesick and I am sure Dallin thinks I have a little OCD when it comes to keeping the apartment clean and money in the savings account. Nevertheless he always humors me.
Daily quote:
"Sometimes we just lose our focus and drift away. Sometimes we have our feelings hurt or some other problem occurs. It all ends up the same,and we fail to claim the blessings that can be ours. Pride, distrust,deceit, discouragement, and many kinds of sin can be removed by a change in our hearts and by following the path that the Savior has shown us. . . .The Savior has paid our ransom. He loves each of us and reaches out to all who will come and follow Him."
Elder Ned B. Roueché, "Feed My Sheep," Ensign, November 2004, 30

1 comment:

Kidz said...

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.
slither io | wings io | science kombat | tank trouble 4