Thursday, September 11, 2008

Job Hunting

Not my idea of fun. Even though we are only here for a little more than 3 months I feel obligated to get a job. If I get a job, we earn more money. If we earn more money, we save more money. If we save more money, we get to have a baby.

So far...nothing and I have only applied to, oh, about a thousand places.

Ok, I shouldn't say nothing. I found the perfect job. I would go around to different schools who signed up with the company called SoccerShots and teach children between the ages of 3 and 5 the different skills that are involved in soccer for about a half hour. I am sure you are saying to yourself, "Courtney, that is the prefect job for you. You love sports, particularly soccer and you love kids even more." I nailed the interview and the pay was great. Why don't I have the job you ask...because I would only be working about 6 hours a week. It just wasn't worth the time and money I would be putting into it to drive all around.

So I am now still looking and praying that I can find a job soon, because if it doesn't happen soon it won't be worth it.

Until then I have been working out, catching up on some Christmas presents I am making and trying to be the perfect wife, i.e. have the house clean and dinner on the table when the working husband gets home from work...remember I said trying...old habits are hard to brake.

No comments: