Monday, September 8, 2008

A New Day In A New Place

Dallin and I have safely made it to Redwood City, California. We have settled in to our new place and are starting to get our feet wet in the new city. Dallin loves his job as an estimater for a company called Rudolph & Sletten. I am still jobless, but I hope to find something soon.

We drove in Sunday afternoon and got the keys to our new home for the next four months. Its a cute little apartment that has been recently renevated. The next day (Labor Day) Dallin and I set out to buy a kitchen table for the first time since we have been married and enter the world of adulthood. I told him before we started out that day that I love higher and square tables. His response was "I don't like either of those!" I knew it was going to be a long day. However, you can see for yourself who won that one.
Photobucket Photobucket
He actually saw the table that I pointed to and actually liked it. I really just got lucky!
Saturday, we drove up to the city of San Francisco. Word of advice don't ever drive there...take the bus. After we drove around for 30 minutes trying to find parking, we got out to walk around and tour downtown. We decided to play tourists for the day and got tickets to go on a duck tour (the vehicle that takes you on land and water). It really is a beautiful place with a great history. I took some pictures...
Photobucket
The Golden Gate Bridge (which we have yet to be on)
Photobucket
Alcatraz...We are going this Saturday and I can't wait
Photobucket
A beautiful church (no its not crooked that is just how the streets are there)
Photobucket
A pretty picture of some buildings
Photobucket
The city from the boat
Photobucket
Cupid's Bow and Arrow with the Bay bridge behind it
Photobucket
Another pretty picture

That is it for now...we will keep you all posted!

5 comments:

Troy and Alie said...

Your table looks awesome! I love furniture! I also love San Francisco. Are you going to go to China town also?

becca b said...

These are great pictures! It's also super cool that you got to buy a table and such a pretty one! Good thing Dallin's happy with it too. Miss you!

t.m. said...

Court, hey girl!! I love Cali. My family all lives around the corner from ya. Oh and, you will love alcatraz! My dad swam the race there, it has some great history behind it. Hope you are having fun, sure do miss the old clan at the Alumni Office.

e. said...

Cute, cute table. I'm loving that. So classy. So glad you like your apartment and that you're getting all settled in. I was beginning to wonder, what with the lack of posting. Keep in touch, girl.

PotatoJack said...

love the table! glad you are having a good time. Good luck with the job hunt!