Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blessings Amid Despair

Many of you may not know that about a month ago Dallin and I found out that we were pregnant. We were very excited. However, about a week ago we found out that we had miscarried. Dallin and I have felt great despair as well as feeling very blessed. Physically and emotionally this experience has been very very difficult for me. I am happy to say that at this point I feel very at peace with the whole situation.

Looking back I now see some signs that it wasn't a viable pregnancy. For one I felt great. For those of you who knew me during my first pregnancy knows how sick I got. This time that never happened. I chalked it up to maybe it possibly being a boy, and decided just to be grateful for an easier pregnancy.

Dallin and I have prayed and thought a lot over the last week or so and have felt great comfort. We both know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of our sorrow and our sacrifice. We both feel that this was just part of the plan and that we will be blessed soon with other children.

This last weekend we were able to listen to modern day Prophets of the Lord. As I sat in our living room with our small family all I could think about was how blessed we really are. We have a beautiful baby girl who has brought so much happiness into our lives. Dallin has a job that allows us to pay our bills and put food on the table, all while I am able to stay home and raise our daughter. We both have loving families that have felt our sadness and comforted us during this time. We also have had friends who helped and supported us in all the ways that they could.

However, what I felt most of all was the arms of my Heavenly Father wrapped around me. I know that I am a daughter of God and I know that He is very aware of me and my life.

Dallin and I are both doing great and hope to have more children soon. Until then we are more than happy to enjoy the lives that we have.

On a happier note, here is a cute picture.

1 comment:

e. said...

So very, very sorry to hear about your loss, Courtney. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family!