Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tender Mercies

Lately I have been trying to focus on all the great things that I have in my life. I try to turn the T.V. off, stop cleaning, and get off the computer, and spend more time on the floor with my daughter, snuggling with my husband and studying the many sources of the gospel.

I recently came across a talk given by Elder David A. Bednar "The Tender Mercies of the Lord". This is an amazing talk. I wanted to included my "favorite" part of the talk, but I honestly couldn't pick one part. In this talk Elder Bednar tells us what a "tender mercy" is and that everyone has an opportunity to receive them. He also explains that not everyone will recognize it as a tender mercy, but if we are faithful we will be able to recognize them for what they are worth and they will be able to touch our lives.

While Olivia has been napping I have been reflecting on the my tender mercies...A phone call from a loving parent to tell me that I am loved just when I need to hear those words, a priesthood blessing and hug from a worthy husband, a kiss and a smile from a beautiful daughter, or a kind word from a friend. I feel so very blessed to know that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and that He has a hand in my life.

On a lighter note, here are some pictures of one of my favorite tender mercies...
I have no idea why she is naked in most of these



She is the most "tender" when she is sleeping



Future Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader

2 comments:

becca b said...

How CUTE! Glad you're seeing the good things in your life. She's gorgeous.

Katie said...

This is something I think all moms of small children need to remember. Sometimes you just need to see the tiny little things that are really beautiful, but sometimes easy to overlook. I know I need to remember it. Thank you for the lovely reminder.

How are you guys liking California?