Saturday, August 11, 2012

July 4th in Utah

Over the 4th of July we headed to Utah to have a little mini family reunion with all the Sausers. We spent a lot of time just hanging out and letting the cousins play while the adults chatted. It was so nice and relaxing. Now that the cousins are all getting older they are able to really learn who everyone is and put names to faces.

The morning of the 4th we reserved the club house to do some swimming on a hot day, have some lunch, and have a small celebration for Olivia's Birthday.



My nephew Max, decided to hang out with me and my camera, asking for lots of pictures. He kept telling me that I was his friend. I enjoyed our time!!



Andrew didn't quite know how he felt about the water, eventually he warmed up to the idea, and joined little sister Miriam in the fun.



That night Olivia fell asleep on the way to the fireworks and did not wake up a happy camper. Eventually, her cousin Max was able to convince her to sit with him and they had a blast naming all the colors of fireworks that they saw in the sky.

We rode the trax (Olivia LOVES trains) in to City Creek Center in SLC and let the kids run around on the splash pad they have there. Olivia was in heaven and was not happy to leave.



Max was a little more cautious, but did enjoy the waterfall/fountain.


My adorable nephew Eli (Baby Oo-ie, according to Olivia). I am sure that I hogged him the whole time, but I couldn't get enough of him!

Grandpa Sauser got us a carriage ride to take us around the city. It was so pretty and I was able to get some great pictures of the SLC Temple. Thanks Grandpa!


Max and Olivia were best friends while we were there. We are really lucky that all the cousins are really close in age and they all were good friends by the time we left.


Olivia got some practice time in, before we left, holding a little baby.


Here we are all together (minus Grandpa, the photographer), we sure are starting to grow!

Thanks to all the Sausers and Durfey's for opening your homes to us and allowing us to have such a fun, relaxing vacation. Same time next year please!!!

No comments: