Thursday, September 13, 2012

One Last Post

So my due date for this little one is fast approaching and I thought I would try to get one last post in of our family of three before she got here. I am due on the 22nd. So far I have dilated to a 2 and thinned out about 70%, but Cathrynn seems content to stay in her cozy home for a little longer. I have been trying to keep myself busy, but have found that I am just too achy and tired to do much of anything. On top of that our family has all had a bit of a cold this week. Here are a few things we have been up to in the last month or so.

Olivia and her best friend Lyla took swimming lessons. Since both moms were in the water the whole time we were not able to get pictures of them in the water, but here they were their first day before realizing what they were getting themselves into.


They both did pretty good for their young age. Olivia eventually caught on to everything except putting her whole head under the water. Every time she was asked to do so (or forced) she would scream and scream. Where as Lyla would dunk herself and come up smiling. They won't be swimming on their own for a few years probably, but they learned a lot and love the water. It just gives us something else to work on next summer.

Lyla's mom, and my good friend, Ellen threw me a wonderful diapers and wipes baby shower. Of course I didn't take a single picture, but she had a few of all the wonderful food she made and decorations that she put up. We had a blast just visiting, playing games, and enjoying time away from kids.



 
I am spent most of my time nesting. I have cleaned the entire apartment from top to bottom (a few times), finishing up sewing projects, and snuggling with my little girl. Dallin has spent his time working, taking a referee clinic, and taking care of his two girls. We have spend a lot of time just resting until this little one comes and many pajama days in bed while we have been sick.


We feel we are ready to have this little girl and now it is just a waiting game. Olivia talks to, kisses and hugs my belly multiple times a day asking Baby CC (Cathrynn Cyrena) to get here soon. We are all a little anxious, but trying to enjoy the calm before the storm.

2 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

How exciting! Good luck to you and your cute family.

Michael, Casey and Collin said...

Yay! I will be facebook stalking you next week for baby pictures! Here's to a speedy delivery and an even speedier recovery! (btw way, really love her middle name)