Saturday, February 9, 2013

Christmas Time Has Come and Gone

This year for Christmas we couldn't afford to go "home" to Florida to be with family. We figure from this time forward we most likely will be doing Christmas with just us so we decided to make the best of it.

I was very worried that my first Christmas away from our family would be very hard for me and depressing. I worried that it would just be like another day without all the fun family traditions.

Boy, was I wrong.

We had an amazing Christmas!

I was so worried that Olivia would be too young to truly understand the excitement of Christmas. It started with setting up the tree (our first tree since we have been married). Olivia's favorite thing every morning was to wake up and look at the tree. She would talk about it all day. She still to this day asks us where her Christmas tree is. From that point forward she quickly got the idea of Christmas, Santa Claus, and presents.

The real reason we had such a great holiday was, however, that we truly understood the meaning of Christmas. We were able to talk to and share our testimony of the Savior with our daughters and we tried hard to help Olivia understand the real purpose of our celebrations.

We felt very blessed to be able to celebrate with our small family unit.

We started a new tradition to do fondue as our Christmas Eve meal. It was ok, but we may have to practice a few more times to figure out what we really like. If anything it was just a new fun experience that I look forward to doing each year from now on.
 
I am in a bit of a panic, because I can't seem to find any pictures from Christmas day. I am usually pretty organized so I have no idea where they are. Stay tuned!

No comments: